Salisbury steak is one of my favorite dishes. It is full of flavor, great for pairing with potato, pasta or rice dishes, and simple to make.
1 medium yellow onion
1 tbsp oil
2 lbs ground beef
1 packet of Lipton beefy onion soup mix
1 pint carton of beef broth
2 heaping tbsp. flour
1 large egg
1. Chop and sautee onion in oil until translucent.
2. Mix ground beef, flour, egg, sauteed onions and Lipton beefy onion soup mix together and form oval shaped patties.
3. Fry patties in a grill pan for 2 minutes each side (just long enough to give them grill marks)
4. In a separate pot or Dutch oven, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp flour. Cook until blended and golden colored. (about 3 minutes)
5. Add 1 pint carton of beef broth and allow it to come to a boil.
6. Add patties and cook uncovered to allow it to thicken. (20-30 minutes)
Optional: You can add sauteed mushrooms to the gravy. My family personally doesn't prefer them, so I didn't add them to my recipe.