It is important to have a good rapport with your pharmacist. They should understand your needs, concerns and ailments.
When visiting and choosing the proper pharmacy , look for a pharmacist that takes time to understand those needs. You should always ask questions to your pharmacist to make sure they are a good fit for you. Here are some important things you should look for when choosing a good pharmacist:
1. Are they genuinely interested in your concerns?
2. Are they kind, courteous and readily available?
3. Do they make recommendations that are beneficial to you?
4. Do they make you feel at ease and understand your prescriptions?
5. Do they explain your medications and side effects?
6. Do they offer other medical benefits, like immunizations or other clinics that may be of benefit?
7. Most important, do they make you feel important, like a human being ?
I personally changed pharmacies a few years ago and it is the best decision I have made. My new pharmacist is much more engaging, always has my medications on hand and is very understanding and helpful. He is always there to answer questions I have. Here are more tips for making the most of your relationship with your pharmacist.
An important conversation to have with your pharmacist should be about your prescribed medications. Here are a list of questions you should ask your pharmacist.
1. Is there a generic version of the prescribed drug?
2. Are there major side effects or special instructions?
3. What if I miss a dose? or accidentally take a double dose?
4. How should I store my medication?
5. How should I schedule my medication? (This refers to the best time to take your medication)
6. Should I see a doctor? This is a question to ask if you are taking OTC medications.
7. How can I make medication more affordable?
Having Hypothyroidism, I am on medication that I must take every day for the rest of my life. When I first began taking my medication, I was concerned with the side effects and dosage. My local pharmacy makes it so easy for me to ask questions, get in depth information about my medication and also to refill my prescription easily. They also make sure they always have my medication in stock.
Luckily, I have a good prescription insurance through my husband's insurance which makes my medication affordable. However, not everyone has that benefit. If you have trouble affording your prescriptions, there are ways to save money that won't cost you a fortune.
SingleCare is a prescription savings card that is free to apply for. They can save you money on certain prescriptions at participating pharmacies.
I know that a lot of people with problems, like acne have to sometimes take medications, like Tretinoin to help with the severity of their symptoms. Tretinoin is a generic drug used to treat patients with acne. the average price of it is about $205 for 45 grams of 0.025% topical cream.
Single care has a tretinoin coupon card that significantly saves patients money at their participating pharmacy for their Tretinoin prescriptions.
That is great news for anyone who has a hard time affording this medication cream but has to use it.
If you are looking for ways to save on your prescriptions, check out SingleCare.
I hope this article can help you find the perfect pharmacist and save you some money on your prescription as well.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written in collaboration with DiamondLinks.